Varsity Track & Field Opens Season at Cannon School Meet
Boys Team Results
1. Forsyth Country Day - 106
2. Cannon - 78
3. Lincoln Charter - 71
4. Woodlawn - 32
5. O'Neal - 14
Girls Team Results
1. Cannon - 105
2. Forsyth Country Day - 98
3. Woodlawn - 45
4. O'Neal - 40
5. Lincoln Charter - 32
Individual Results - Highlights
- There were many 1st-time PRs today (too many to list).
- One new school record today - the girls 4x800m relay (Ally, Adina, Caroline, Zoe M.) in 13:02.94.
- Both Aubrey and Jessi had top-10 finishes in both the girls shot put and discus events.
- Megan placed 2nd in the long jump (15-05) and first in the 100m (13.31).
- Natalie tied for 1st in the high jump (4-06).
- Girls 4x100m relay (Carmen, Natalie, Gabby, Megan) placed 1st despite a very painful final baton pass.
- Ally and Zoe M. finished 1st and 3rd in the 400m (1:11.40 and 1:14.20 respectively).
- Gabby took 6th place in the 800m with a 2:50.4.
- Adina took 6th place in the 1600m with a 6:39.50.
- Carmen took 6th place in the 200m with a 29.84.
- Ethan set a PR in the shot put with a distance of 28-04.
- Bennett set a PR of 41-08.5 in the discus.
- Jesse and James both jumped 16-02.5, good for 4th and 5th places in the meet.
- Jesse also placed 3rd in the triple jump with a distance of 32-08.5.
- Will and Jack battled to the line to nab 3rd and 4th places respectively in the 100m, with times of 12.51 and 12.52.
- Jackson was just 0.18 seconds off his PR the 1600m, taking 5th place in the meet.
- RJ and Ethan had an epic 400m race, finishing 2nd and 3rd respectively, with times of 55.84 and 56.07.
- Tripp set a PR of 2:10.50 in the 800m, finishing in 3rd place.