Parent Connection (PX)
To engage the Woodlawn parent community and utilize the skills and abilities of volunteers in ways that enhance school programs and build relationships.
- Provide opportunities for volunteers to use their areas of expertise to support, plan and enhance school activities in accordance with the mission of Woodlawn School.
- Build connections among new and current families in the Woodlawn community.
- Develop an invested group of community members that become natural spokespersons for the school in the larger market.
- Offer additional school services that would not be available without the addition of staff.
- Coordinate an annual community building event to raise additional funds for the school.
The Officers of the Woodlawn Parent Connection:Mike Bickenbach, Co-Chair
Leena Patel, Co-Chair
2016-17 Volunteer Opportunities
Lower School Parent Team
This group will help plan and coordinate the annual Fall Festival and several K-5 social outings throughout the year. Perfect for the parent who wants to be part of putting a smile on that K-5 child’s face! Organizational skills and creativity are a must. A flair for arts and crafts can also be beneficial for the Fall Festival.Time Commitment: Plan to put in 5-10 hours of service throughout the year, with the heaviest time commitment prior to the Fall Festival event.